Volunteer with Nourish
We are currently accepting volunteers to assist at our Saturday Market Square Farmers’ Market and our Thursday New Harvest Farmers’ Market. You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to volunteer in any capacity. If you are interested in volunteering with Nourish Knoxville, please email [email protected].
- Assist on-site at a farmers’ market:
- Info Booth (Market Square Farmers & New Harvest Farmers’ Market): assist with booth set-up, customer service, merchandise sales, SNAP/EBT transactions, rule enforcement, booth break-down.
- Veggie Valet (Market Square Farmers’ Market): crowd counting, watching customer purchases, rule enforcement, customer service, booth break-down.
- Community Booth (New Harvest Farmers’ Market): assist with booth set-up, customer service, operation of Nourish Moves (walking program), booth break-down.
- Nourish Kids Booth (Market Square Farmers’ Market, New Harvest Farmers’ Market): assist with children’s activities at our Nourish Kids Clubs every second Saturday at the Market Square Farmers’ Market and the third Thursday at the New Harvest Farmers’ Market.
- Assist with special events, such as Tomato Jam, Friends and Farmers, and Winter Warmer. Note: special events are temporarily postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Market Square Farmers’ Market (Saturdays)
- May – November
- Early shift: 8:30 am – 11:00 am
- Late shift: 11:00 am – 1:30 pm
- Early shift: 9:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Late shift: 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- New Harvest Farmers’ Market (Thursdays)
- April – September
- Early shift: 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Late shift: 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
We at Nourish Knoxville are so grateful for our volunteers and all of the work they do for our community! So, we came up with a plan for honoring and rewarding our volunteers for their time and hard work:
- After 10 hours, volunteers are invited to our volunteer recognition party and receive a Nourish Knoxville sticker.
- After 25 hours, volunteers are recognized as Friends of Nourish Knoxville and can pick out a free Nourish Knoxville t-shirt.
- After 50 hours, volunteers are invited to our Friends and Farmers party.
- After 75 hours, volunteers receive special recognition from Nourish Knoxville.
What to bring when volunteering:
- Water bottle – it can get hot during Spring and Summer seasons so make sure to keep hydrated!
- Sunscreen and/or sunglasses
- Coat and gloves- during the colder months
- Comfortable footwear – all our shifts will require standing and walking for extended periods of time, so be sure to wear appropriate footwear!
- An umbrella or a rain jacket – the markets are open rain or shine!