Community Engagement Coordinator
Job Opportunity: Community Engagement Coordinator
Summary: To coordinate a variety of community relationships, partnerships, and fundraising activities to strengthen visibility and sustainability of Nourish Knoxville and its programs. Nourish Knoxville plays an important role in promoting and strengthening the local food system, and the CEC will be an ambassador for the organization and our local food community to funders, partners, and the community. The CEC reports to the Executive Director, and works in a small, cooperative team.
Position Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week, non-exempt, starting as early as November 1, 2021, and no later than January 31, 2022. Nourish Knoxville has a small staff managing multiple programs and events, requiring flexibility to meet deadlines and operate events. While generally this position will work regular business hours, some evenings and weekends will be required.
- Manage Nourish Knoxville’s individual giving program, Friends of Nourish Knoxville
- With the Program Coordinator, coordinate with nonprofit and governmental partners to provide activities for our programs, table at our farmers’ markets, participate in Nourish Wellness, and provide them with information about our programs
- With the Executive Director, manage annual fundraising and appreciation events
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with community agencies
- Assist in the creation and implementation of social media campaigns and newsletters
- Network with sponsors, develop sponsorship opportunities
- Coordinate our volunteer program, working primarily with Markets Staff
- Expand the impact of Nourish Knoxville’s programs in the community and raise the profile of the organization locally and regionally
- Work alongside other staff in support of year-round planning, promotion, and implementation of programs and events
Desired Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, non-profit management, public relations, organizational development, communications, or related field
- University degree in a related field considered a plus, though a combination of experience and education will be considered
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Basic understanding of Excel and Word
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to work with a team to achieve common goals
- Self-motivated and organized, with the ability to work independently to implement the established goals and programs of Nourish Knoxville
- Familiarity with QuickBooks, Canva, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, MailChimp, and/or metric gathering software a plus
- Ability to work with all types of people. We work with government employees, private donors, sponsors, farmers, artists, vendors, volunteers, and other nonprofits. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods
- Ability to bend and lift
Most essential functions will occur in an office setting, but some will occur at farmers’ markets or events. Temperature and weather conditions may range from below freezing to over 100 degrees Fahrenheit, and from full sun to heavy rain. Offices are shared, with a primarily open-office floor plan.
Salary, minimum $40,000 annually, with employer-paid health insurance and HSA. Two weeks paid vacation plus flexible paid holidays.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to [email protected].
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Nourish Knoxville, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization cultivating health communities by supporting relationships between farmers, producers, and the public. Nourish Knoxville is an equal opportunity employer and provider.